9 Count is a mobile technology company led by people who have built and exited several companies, including musical.ly (now known as TikTok). We are a team of ~50 people with offices in LA, Kiev, and Taipei. Our vision is to create the world’s best place to connect. Our flagship app, Wink, helps people make new friends from all over the world. Wink has been the #1 Social Networking app in 10 different countries, and it has more than 700,000 app reviews worldwide, connecting millions of people per month.
You can find Wink at getwinkapp.com!
We are growing and are looking for someone to join us as a Product Manager focused on User Experience. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is seeking to make a big impact on rapidly growing consumer products. \
- Identify opportunities to improve the experience for our users, and work with design, data and engineering teams to implement elegant solutions.
- Based on user research and data analysis, as well as learnings from within the company, identify new features or product changes to help users achieve their goals on our apps.
- Sweat the details - you’ve never met a ‘T’ you haven’t crossed or an “I” you haven't dotted. Consider all the angles and scenarios to ensure a smooth user experience in all manner of situations.
- Collaborate closely with our Safety and Operations teams to implement strategies and practices designed to keep our user base secure.
- Conduct constant and ongoing user interviews and usability testing. Document and share learnings with the product team.
- Construct a user experience oriented, prioritized product roadmap based on team learnings, analytics, market research, user outreach and competitive analysis.
- Create user stories and provide other required input and direction to the engineering team; own the user experience backlog.
- Communicate product plans, benefits and outcomes to the company
- Collaborate with the product team to optimize internal processes and frameworks
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in product management, preferably with a focus on social products
- Proven ability to grow a consumer app is a plus
- Experience working with Jira or similar systems
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid time-off
- Quality health benefits
- Great office culture
- Amazing office with free lunch and snacks
- We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
- We are biased toward action and ship product features very fast and very often
- All of us at 9 Count strongly encourage people of all races, colors, national origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, gender expressions, and ages to apply. We don’t discriminate!
In your cover letter, please answer the following question:
Imagine you have two features in your PBL. They both cost exactly the same to implement, but feature A will increase top-of-funnel user growth by 10%, and feature B will increase D7 retention by 10%. You can only build one. Which do you choose, and why?
Feel free to visit our LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/9-count-inc/) or our website (www.9count.co) for more information.
9 Count is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.