Marina Del Rey/Venice, CA / FULL-TIME
9 Count is a mobile technology company led by people who have built and exited several companies, including musical.ly (now known as TikTok). We are a team of ~50 people with offices in LA, Kiev, and Taipei. Our vision is to create the world’s best place to connect. Our flagship app, Wink, helps people make new friends from all over the world. Wink has been the #1 Social Networking app in 10 different countries, and it has more than 700,000 app reviews worldwide, connecting millions of people per month
You can find our apps at getwinkapp.com.
We are growing rapidly and are looking for someone to join us as a Senior Backend Engineer. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is seeking to make a big impact on rapidly growing consumer products. If you are driven by ownership and impact, we’d love to hear from you!
● Manage projects and problems of significantly larger scopes
● Formulate an efficient game plan for delivering a stable, well-tested feature on time
● Make technical recommendations that improve the codebase while minimizing risk
● Identify and fix (or, ideally, avoid) bugs and performance bottlenecks
● Coordinate and communicate seamlessly across other technical and product teams
● Be a helpful and supportive presence on the team, contributing to code reviews and other team
● BS degree in a relevant technical field preferred
● 5+ years of experience in software engineering with Node.js (Python, Go, PHP, or Java is ok too)
● Experience with Consumer/Social Applications preferred
● Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging
in web services
● A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously, and you're willing (and able) to handle
the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
● Competitive salary and equity
● Paid time-off
● Quality health benefits
● Great office culture
● Amazing office with free lunch and snacks
● We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
● We are biased toward action and ship product features very fast and very often
● All of us at 9 Count strongly encourage people of all races, colors, national origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, gender expressions, and ages to apply. We don’t discriminate!
Feel free to visit our LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/9-count-inc/) or our website (www.9count.co) for more information.
9 Count is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.