As the right candidate for this role, your challenge is to build the world’s best mobile app for connecting with people. Using Swift, you will build engaging social features such as friend discovery, messaging, profile promotion, gamification, and others that make it fun and easy for people to find their next best friends. One of your challenges is to create fluid, optimized user experiences for our millions of users that stretch your knowledge of Swift UI. Your attention to detail on interactions such as scroll performance, animation smoothness, and gesture responsiveness, among others, is critical to this role. If you value data-driven learning, you will dive into analytics data to justify the next experimental feature to build, test, and learn from. There are many other technical challenges we’re solving. If this sounds interesting to you, let’s connect and chat about them.
- Design, develop, operate, optimize, and maintain custom native user interfaces using iOS programming best practices
- Review, clarify and translate product requirements into high-quality, optimally-performing mobile experiences.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers.
- Work closely with our product, design, marketing, and customer support teams on analyzing app metrics and customer feedback to inform the technical designs and implementation.
- Build reusable iOS components that deliver a consistent user experience and are leverageable to speed up future development
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency, and performance
- Advocate for the long-term solution over short-term, hacky ones
✨ BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to write logical, maintainable, and high-performance code in Swift that follows industry best practices
- Bias towards writing high-quality code supported by unit, component, and integration tests
- Ability to understand and contribute to large codebases
- Proficiency with version control
- Understanding of system design and ability to analyze features requests and propose solutions supported by internal and external services
- Close attention to detail and a passion for quality user experiences
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts concisely and clearly.
- Collaborative working style. Prefers a team environment
- You are authorized to work in the US
✨ PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with UIKit, AppKit, SwiftUI, and Objective-C
- Familiarity with MVVM and Combine
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- Ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive the improvement of the application
- Entrepreneurial DNA with the ability to take on multiple responsibilities
✨ ABOUT 9 COUNT
9 Count is a mobile technology company led by people who have built and exited several companies, including musical.ly (now known as TikTok). We are a team of 50+ people with offices in L.A. and Taipei. Our vision is to create the world’s best place to connect. Our flagship app, Wink, helps people make new friends from all over the world. Wink has been the #1 Social Networking app in 10 different countries, and it has more than 700,000 app reviews worldwide, connecting millions of people per month.
You can find our app at getwinkapp.com!
✨ PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
- Competitive salary and equity
- Access to a 401k plan to save for retirement
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health benefits including dental and vision
- Great office culture and hybrid work-week
- Amazing office with free lunch and snacks
- Offsites and team-building activities (*when it’s safe to do so)
- Incredibly talented teammates to work with
- We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
- We bias toward action, and ship product features very fast and very often
- All of us at 9 Count strongly encourage people of all races, colors, national origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, gender expressions, and ages to apply. We don’t discriminate!
Feel free to visit our LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/9-count-inc/) or our website (www.9count.co) for more information.
Due to COVID-19, our office is a flexible workspace for fully vaccinated individuals only. All employees are welcome to work from home until health conditions improve.
9 Count is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.