✨ THE CHALLENGE
As the right candidate for this role, your challenge is to create the world's most trustworthy and safest social app. If you're communicating with someone online, it's essential to know that the one you're communicating with is not an imposter, scammer, or anyone else with malicious intent. You want to feel safe chatting with the person on the other side of the line. How would you solve this challenge? What is your measure of trust and safety? What would you build to realize your vision? These are only a few of the questions that will challenge you on the first day.
- Be the single-threaded Trust and Safety program owner, defining its vision and the products and services that support it.
- Identify the objectives and key results for each year and quarter.
- Create quarterly roadmaps for the team to execute, working with them to make the right prioritization decisions.
- Identify, maintain, and optimize KPIs related to Trust and Safety with periodic reporting of their health.
- Work with a team of engineers, data analysts, legal, marketing, and senior leaders to ideate, recommend and prioritize relevant product features to improve the safety of the Wink app.
- Create and maintain external and internal policies, community guidelines, and preventive and remediation procedures.
- Lead a team of content moderators who enforce community guidelines.
- Serve as one of the subject-matter experts of Wink's safety policies, procedures, product features, and internal workflows.
- Implement best practices that address digital abuse, risks, trust, and safety. In general, enforce guidelines and procedures that maintain our users' trust, safety, and confidence.
- Solve complex Trust and Safety issues and proactively head off negative service trends.
- Develop procedures for managing legal requests and inquiries, leading the resolution of critical ones as needed.
✨ BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of technical product management, program management, or engineering experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
- Extensive experience working with cross-functional teams in the delivery of large products
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to justify requirements, features and drive the management of product
- Close attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Aptitude for analyzing legal requirements for local, state, and federal compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts concisely and clearly.
- Collaborative working style. Prefers a team environment
- 2+ years of experience managing teams
- You are authorized to work in the U.S.
✨ PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 4-8 years of experience developing and leading a trust & safety team at a social media company or user-generated content platform.
- Experience with de-escalation procedures and crisis management
- Demonstrated success in implementing a digital safety program
- MBA or M.S. degree
- Able to handle the ambiguity of complex, escalated problems
- Thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience working directly with technical team members and discussing tech architecture and code
✨ ABOUT 9 COUNT
9 Count is a mobile technology company led by people who have built and exited several companies, including musical.ly (now known as TikTok). We are a team of 50+ people with offices in L.A. and Taipei. Our vision is to create the world’s best place to connect. Our flagship app, Wink, helps people make new friends from all over the world. Wink has been the #1 Social Networking app in 10 different countries, and it has more than 700,000 app reviews worldwide, connecting millions of people per month.
You can find our app at getwinkapp.com!
✨ PERKS OF WORKING WITH US
- Competitive salary and equity
- Access to a 401k plan to save for retirement
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive health benefits including dental and vision
- Great office culture and hybrid work-week
- Amazing office with free lunch and snacks
- Offsites and team-building activities (*when it’s safe to do so)
- Incredibly talented teammates to work with
- We believe in each other and will trust you to make impactful decisions
- We bias toward action, and ship product features very fast and very often
- All of us at 9 Count strongly encourage people of all races, colors, national origins, gender identities, sexual orientations, gender expressions, and ages to apply. We don’t discriminate!
Feel free to visit our LinkedIn page (https://www.linkedin.com/company/9-count-inc/) or our website (www.9count.co) for more information.
Due to COVID-19, our office is a flexible workspace for fully vaccinated individuals only. All employees are welcome to work from home until health conditions improve.
9 Count is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.